Names: Bri Emery of Design Love Fest, Brian Morrow + Jonathan Lynch of Sharkpig, Steve Pappin of Son Of A Shark Pig, Max Wanger of Max Wanger Photo, Michael Antonia of The Flashdance & Yeah! Rentals and Emma Robertson of EmmaDime
Location: Atwater Village — Los Angeles, CA
Workspace Type: Loft Studio
Years worked in: 1 year
When you gather up seven awesome creatives to share an office space, you will surely have a colorful, eclectic, fun atmosphere. Bri Emery is best known for her highly popular design blog DesignLoveFest and her art direction with Rue Magazine. A few weeks ago, she had me over to meet her office mates and to see how they've collaborated in this amazing office.
Friends, colleagues and collaborators Bri, Brian, Jonathan, Emma, Steve, Max and Michael have been in their space for a year. Together they have built book shelves and storage options, designed custom artwork, and developed a unique place to call their own. Their nod to Mid Century Modern mixed with warm industrial touches gives a playground feel to their vaulted ceilings and open lofted office.
With a photographer, a couple graphic designers, a dj, and a few videographers in the mix, you're sure to have plenty of options when searching for event and design services, and their office is a working display of how skillfully they all mesh together. I love that they have created several variations of seating areas, including a "conference" table. They were not afraid to unite bright colors and mixed patterns in the overall loft, but each also designed their own work areas with highly personal touches and nostalgia.
A design love fest, indeed!
Apartment Therapy Survey:
Our style: Mid century modern meets the desert.
The inspiration for our office space: We wanted the space to feel fun, inspirational, productive, and ultimately collective.
Favorite element in your space: 1953 AMI 45RPM jukebox
Biggest challenge in designing my space: Lack of time!
What friends say about my space: When can I move in?
Area where there is room for improvement/future projects: The upstairs loft!
Proudest DIY (do it yourself) project: The wooden pipe bookshelf.
Biggest indulgence with respect to my space: The custom wall murals.
Best advice about organizing or incorporating tech into the home: Hide the cords as much as possible.
Dream source for stuff: Digs Show Room, Garza Marfa,
Etsy, Three Potato Four, Design Within Reach
TECH + HARDWARE
•1953 AMI 45RPM jukebox
• All Mac computers
• We don't really have any. Well, we have a mini fridge with tecate in it.
• CB2 desks
• We built the white community sawhorse table.
• couches & chairs — YEAH rentals
• Lockers — OGT Store
• Local Flea Markets
• Inspiration boards from CB2
• Glass bottles from flea markets
• Moroccan poufs from YEAH rentals
• Tape art and crystal installations were made by Bramble Workshop, Max Wanger photos hung on the wall.
• We spray painted our pendant lights from home depot a teal color! We also hung bistro lights under the loft that make that area less dark & awesome for late nights in the office.
ORGANIZING TOOLS AND ACCESSORIES
• White vintage lockers that we all use as storage. Wooden Credenza from craigslist.
Thanks, Bri, Max, Emma, Michael, Brian, Jonathan and Steve!
(Images: Bethany Nauert)
• HOUSE TOUR ARCHIVE Check out past house tours here
• Interested in sharing your home with Apartment Therapy? Contact the editors through our House Tour Submission Form.
• Are you a designer/architect/decorator interested in sharing a residential project with Apartment Therapy readers? Contact the editors through our Professional Submission Form.