If you sleep 8 hours per night, you're in lying in your bed 2,920 hours per year. If you're going to be in one place that long, you're going to need to dress it up. Luckily, there are a million resources for bedding out there. Maybe a few too many. We've rounded up 10 of our favorites to narrow it down a bit.
• The Company Store has been making bedding in La Crosse, Wisconsin since 1911. That's doesn't mean they're old fashioned though. The Wildwood Collection from their Lofthome series is thoroughly modern.
• Cuddledown is another American bedding manufacturer, though not quite as old. Cuddledown got its start creating down comforters at its factory in Maine in 1973 and they're still at it. Cuddledown has expanded from comforters to include all bedding and some sleepwear and bath products as well. Shown here: Cotton Percale Eria Orchid Bedding.
• Castle, from designer Rachel Castle, puts the emphasis on the borders. The crisp white sheets are given a pop of color on the top edge. The pop of fun continues with the vibrant pillow shams.
• Dwell Studio, as far as we're considered, is synonymous with cute prints. While the prints are often bold, prints like that on this Masala Citrine Sheet Set are more subdued.
• Jonathan Adler makes everything he touches look cute. So it's not surprise that his bedding, like this grey printed hollywood sheet set, is as adorable as the man himself.
• Lands' End may now be a part of Sears but little seems to have changed. They still make classic bedding, like this Danbury Dot Quilt and Sham, and they still offer an unconditional refund guarantee.
• Ann Selke's Pine Cone Hill is known for vibrant color, like this Cubix Sheet Set, but they do neutrals really well too.
• Target has done a great job of bringing stylish designs to the masses. From this DwellStudio for Target Orbit Comforter Set to the Room Essentials brand bedding, the pricing is reasonable and the styles are current.
• Williams Sonoma Home offers a fairly vast selection of bedding in a wide price range. Shown here is the Indigo Block Print Bedding, currently on sale.
• Frette is the name in luxury bedding, but we hear it's like sleeping in a cloud. The Dopio Purple Bedding Set from their Fantasy line retails for $995.
MORE SHOPPING GUIDES ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• The Ultimate Shelving Shopping Guide
• Project Preparedness 101: A DIYer's Shopping & Resource Guide
&bull: Vintage & Flea Market Shopping Guides
Images: As credited above.