We are taking our first big family vacation this fall (off-season prices rock!) and already I am hearing choruses of "how many more days until we go to the beach?" Whether it's a vacation, school break, holiday, or some other special occasion, help your kids keep up with the countdown and visualize the time left with one of these creative calendars.1. Here's an easy one that takes only minutes and requires no special supplies — a paper chain! Kids can remove a link every day, and watch their chain shorten and their vacation approach! From Dana Made It.
2. Keep track of the countdown with numbered blocks. By Tree by Kerri Lee.
3. Decorate a clipboard and print out some numbers for a cool, customized countdown that can fit any purpose! From Eighteen 25.
4. Jen of A Thousand Words made a cute printable, framed it behind some glass, and used a dry erase marker to celebrate all sorts of countdowns in her household.
5. Make little goody bags to build anticipation of each day, and suspend them with twine and clothespins — this calendar gives kids a little something to look forward to as they anticipate their big goal! From Cristil Stein.
6. Little aquatic creatures surface one at a time to show how many days have passed and how many days are left to go; from Gotta Have My Popps.
7. Blow up some balloons with a surprise in each one; every day a loud pop! signifies another day closer to the big event! From Chasing Cheerios.
8. Simple envelopes, baker's twine, and clothespins make an elegant countdown garland. From newnanc on Etsy.
9. Another use for pretty envelopes: number them, affix them to a wall, and enjoy a countdown that is useful and pretty at the same time! From Oh Happy Day.
10. These little magnetic containers hide a daily surprise on the way to the big day, and can go right on the fridge or file cabinet; from colorstorydesigns on Etsy.
(Images: as credited above.)