So, how does one hostess the French way? Mimi Thorisson, mom, cook, blogger (and owner of 14 dogs!) shares her secrets.
Top 5 Tips for entertaining à la française:
1. Be elegant and understated.
2. Always choose a beautiful wine list for your guests.
3. Always start with ice-cold champagne, served with home-made gruyère cheese puffs.
4. Write a hand-written menu for each guest.
5. Take your time. Savour the moment. A good meal can last hours and hours.
Read More: Sous Style
What are your tips for successful entertaining?
(Image: Oddur Thorisson for MANGER)