If your family is anything like mine, holiday dinners usually end with your many aunts squabbling over who's food storage containers belong to who. Merrily transport your dishes to-and-fro with one of these five winning food savers you can distinctly call your own.
- Plate Topper: Created by San Francisco-based Michael Tseng, the PlateTopper is an easy-tO-use, green alternative to food storage. Cover the food already on your plate by pressing the food-safe silicone ring to create a suction seal for optimal freshness. After having recently reached their goal on Kickstarter.com, PlateTopper is ready for production. Visit PlateTopper.com for pricing and pre-orders.
- Black and Blum: A good source for modern food storage, this company from London prides itself on creating well-designed, functional products that charm and entertain. Shown here: Box Apetit, $22.
- Sur La Table: The Kinetic Go Green GlassLock Food Storage from Sur la Table is an innovative and eco-friendly solution for saving leftovers. The tempered glass is both stain resistant and microwave safe, and the silicone locking seal is air and water-tight to keep food fresh for longer. $32
- Bakers Sto ‘N Go: A handy device for bakers, this versatile storage device allows you to separate and transport your cookies, brownies, pies and more with the placement of plastic shelves within the container. $22
- Container Store: Made from stain-proof, shatter-resistant, tempered glass, these Rectangular Glass Food Storage containers are microwave, freezer and dishwasher safe. With prices starting around $4.99, they are a great deal for long-term storage containers.