In search of a 20th Century objet d'art or piece of furniture for your home? Troy Seidman has the expertise and selective eye for assisting you in finding the piece you are looking for.
He has worked at Le Musée D’Art Contemporain de Montréal, Todd Merrill Antiques, Galerie Van den Akker and Sotheby’s. Currently he is steadily building his inventory, which focuses on pieces under $2,500, but he will work to help private clients and collectors who are looking for major pieces by canonized designers. The name, Caviar20, is inspired by Troy's love of black lacquer finish and his passion for well crafted, precious, more special, delicacies for the home. I picked out my favorites from his current inventory but he is always adding more! Be sure to sign up for his monthly mailer.
• 1 Folding Rope Armchair inspired by Hans Wegner - $325
• 2 “Handkerchief" Chair designed by Massimo Vignelli and manufactured by Knoll - $325
• 3 Octagon French Art Deco Chandelier - $475
• 4 Tema E Variazoni No. 1 Desk Disc designed by Piero Fornasetti - $140
• 5 Austrian Peasant Costume Prints by M. Lepage-Medvey, 1939 - $550 for the triptych
• 6 Synthese des Proteines hand-painted biology diagram, France circa 1960s 56"H x 44"W (That’s almost five feet tall!) - $800
• 7 Pair of Hand-Blown Smoked Glass Vases designed by Josef Hoffmann - $425 for the pair
• 8 US Wool Navy Blanket circa WWII - $125