Sources and sells designs from stylish hotels
Discover & Deliver grew out of Isabel Rutland's travel experiences during her time as an investment principal with a private equity house. But the idea really started during her honeymoon at the Greenwich in New York, where she so loved the design and the furniture that she wanted it for her home in London. She wondered, “Where and how does one buy this stuff?” And she realised that there could be many people like her - people who wish for good design at home, don’t necessarily want to employ an interior designer to do the choosing for them but don’t quite know how to go about sourcing good design by themselves.
Last month, the Apartment Therapy team focused on travel, this month we're all about setting up new homes. At the intersection of these two themes? Discover & Deliver, a website that sources and then sells design finds from the world's most stylish hotels. It's worth a visit just for the eye candy, from Yoco Nagamiya's delightful illustrations of chic destinations to gorgeous hotel rooms and furniture galore. If you've been daydreaming about a piece from a hotel that isn't on their list, Discover & Deliver
has consultants who can help you track it down. In addition to their hotel-inspired selection, they also carry a carefully curated selection of unique pieces from around the globe, from Gustavian side tables
to unique dishes
. It's a worthy web destination for design aficionados, even those who are just browsing.
- Yoco Nagamiya's illustrations for the site include Paris, Stockholm, Madrid, and Acapulco.
- A pretty, modern light from Hamal, as seen at the Heidelburg Suites in Germany.
- A vintage-looking occasional table as seen at the Lime Wood Hotel in Hampshire, Great Britain.
- An end table made from an old sugar press, as seen at The Greenwich Hotel in New York City.
- Jean Prouvé's classic Standard Chair, as seen at the Hotel Boca Chica in Acapulco.
For more about Discover & Deliver, visit their store page over at Marketplace.
(Images: Discover & Deliver.)