- OtterBox iPhone Case, $40
- IMAINGO2 Portable Speaker, $40
- ETON Solarlink FR360 Radio, Eco Edition, $50
- Essential Gear Dynamo LED Lantern, $35
- Solio Hybrid Solar Charger, $100
As a camping store, Eastern Mountains has products outside the realm of tech. Maxwell posted their Mammut Moses Wiregate Carabiner as one of his Daily Finds, and their bike section is definitely worth checking out if you're a cyclist.
Photos: Eastern Mountain Sports
- Founded: 1967
- Founded by: Alan McDonough and Robert Furst
- Headquarters: Peterborough, NH
Eastern Mountain Sports was born out of pure passion for outdoor adventure. It all started in 1967 when two Massachusetts rock climbers decided to do something about the lack of quality climbing gear in traditional sporting goods stores. Alan McDonough and Robert Furst opened a single store in Wellesley, MA selling the climbing rope and harneses they couldn't find anywhere else, along with a hand-picked selection of camping equipment that could be efficiently carried deep into the wilderness and trusted to perform. As the customers came, so did the need for qualified climbing instruction for both beginner rock climbers looking to getting started, and experienced alpinists seeking new challenges. Less than a year after opening the first store, Alan and Robert started Eastern Mountain Sports Climbing School in North Conway, NH - now the oldest climbing school in the East.
Around the Web
- EMS [Wikipedia]
- EMS Climbing School [EMS Climb]
- EMS Coupons [TechBargains]
- EMS Store Opening Review [NY Magazine]