- Location: multiple locations and online
- Website: ems.com/home/index.jsp
- Founded: 1967
- Founded by: Alan McDonough and Robert Furst
- Headquarters: Peterborough, NH
We love checking out camping stores for tech gear, since they tend to carry a lot of portable and indestructable stuff. Eastern Mountain Sports, based in New England, is a good resource for tough iPhone cases, solar-powered chargers, LED lanterns, and portable radios.
They have brick-and-mortar stores along the eastern mountain coast (hence the name), from Virginia to Maine, but they also have a good e-commerce site with all their products posted online. We've rounded up a few practical finds.
- OtterBox iPhone Case, $40
- IMAINGO2 Portable Speaker, $40
- ETON Solarlink FR360 Radio, Eco Edition, $50
- Essential Gear Dynamo LED Lantern, $35
- Solio Hybrid Solar Charger, $100
As a camping store, Eastern Mountains has products outside the realm of tech. Maxwell posted their Mammut Moses Wiregate Carabiner as one of his Daily Finds, and their bike section is definitely worth checking out if you're a cyclist.
Photos: Eastern Mountain Sports