While researching the lovely, handcrafted brooms we shared last week, we also discovered Iris Hantverk, a Swedish company that has been hand-making brushes since the 19th century. Click through to watch a video of the process…
Iris Hantverk combines this age-old process with designs by contemporary Swedish designers and the products – which range from body brushes to kitchen scrubbers and cleaning brooms – are built in a facility that employs visually-impaired craftsmen. Although they are certainly pricier than what you'd find at a big-box store, we like the idea of supporting true craftsmanship and beauty.
See the full line at the Iris Hantverk site and check the retailers below for the pictured brushes and others.
• 1 Assorted brushes at Iris Hantverk AB
• 2 Hand Broom, $32 at Brook Farm General Store
• 3 Table Brush Set, $50.00 at Design Within Reach
• 4 Bath Brush, £12.50 at Liberty
• 5 Vegetable Brush, $28.98 at Fjorn
Related: Beautiful Handcrafted Brooms