- Location: Brooklyn, New York
- Specialty: Supplies for the Urban Farmer
- Price range: $-$$
- Website: bigcityfarmsupply.com
- Founded: Brooklyn, NY
A collaborative effort between the people behind Brooklyn Grange, Domestic Construction and Brooklyn Homesteader, Hayseed's is a great shop and resource. I recently attended their workshop on how to start your own vegetable garden, and it was both fun and informative, tailored to the urban dweller. They gave tips for backyard and rooftop gardens, and for smaller spaces like window sills and fire escapes.
I look forward to going back soon, and encourage others to check it out if you're in the area. Hayseed's Big City Farm Supply is located at 218 India Street in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, and open Wednesday–Friday 12–8 pm, Saturday 10–6 pm, and Sunday 12–5 pm through the end of June 2012.
For more about Hayseed's Big City Farm Supply, visit their store page over at Marketplace.
MORE GARDENING ON APARTMENT THERAPY:
• Gardening Without a Garden: 10 Ideas for Your Patio or Balcony
• How To Start a Container Garden
• Make It: A Chevron Recycled Wood Planter
(Images: Kate Legere)