• Scatter/Gather Pendant Light – Made from found ocean-washed branches, this lamp is hand-constructed using pegged and glued through-tenons.
• Treetop Dining Table – A hardwood surface sits atop salvaged and dried hardwood logs from coastal British Columbia.
• Little Gem Side Table – Made from cast-off cedar logs, this hand-shaped table can be finished off with an optional top in granite, steel or mirror.
• Nurselog Side Table and Planter – Inspired by ran forest stumps that grow moss and other vegetation. this table, made from Western red cedar, includes a round insert for plants.
• Designer's Studio – Riley designed and constructed this small studio for a children's book designer, using the footprint of an existing shed.
(Images: Hinterland Design)
- Founded by: Riley Mcferrin
- Headquarters: Vancouver, B.C.
Contemporary design, a background in fine art and an interest in the natural environment created the foundation for the Hinterland aesthetic. Several years ago, Riley Mcferrin moved to British Columbia’s Sunshine Coast, where, further influenced by the area’s natural bounty and its history as a forest industry center, he designed and built the Hinterland collection.
Around the Web
- Tiny Studio Cabin by Hinterland Design [Dwell]
- Hinterland Design Completes Charming British Columbia Studio in One Month Flat Read more: Hinterland Design | Inhabitat - Sustainable Design Innovation, Eco Architecture, Green Building [Inhabitat]