For some renovations, you want not only to improve the space, you want to return it back to its former glory. For renovations that strive to stay period specific, it's helpful to have a resource like House of Antique Hardware. This online shop has all of the major decor eras covered — from Victorian and Art Deco to Mid-Century Modern.
House of Antique Hardware is like a vintage rehabber's dream site. Based in Portland, Oregon, but selling only online, the company manufactures and sells a vast selection of antique reproduction hardware for the home. The site is broken down by hardware type – door hardware, window hardware, cabinet and furniture hardware, house hardware and lighting – as well as by style. All the styles are covered – Colonial, Classical, Victorian, Art & Crafts, Romantic, Art Deco and Mid-Century. While most hardware is available in a number of finishes, House of Antique Hardware is known for its signature Antique By Hand finish. This finish recreates the gentle, time-worn patina with "an exclusive five-step finishing process."
Clockwise, from left:
• Solid Steel Transom Operator
• Solid Brass Stem and Plate Caster
• Aesthetic Movement Pocket Door Pull
• Painted Steel Cathedral Style Baseboard Register
• Classic Push Button Light Switch
• "Squirrel Cage" Tungsten Fillament Light Bulb
• Black Porcelain Double GFI Cover Plate
• Modern Polished Chrome Towel Ring
• Waterfall Drawer Pull with Bakelite Insert
• Cast Iron Neo-Classical Letter Slot
(Images: House of Antique Hardware)
- Founded: 1999
- Founded by: Roy Prange
- Headquarters: Portland, OR
At House of Antique Hardware we believe period homes were designed and built with a rare integrity. For those of us compelled to restore that integrity, we share a responsibility: to stay true to the original design, materials and workmanship. At House of Antique Hardware, there are no short cuts to reproducing the past. We have one of the largest selections of original and authentic reproduction hardware on the web, and sales staff dedicated to matching the most faithful restoration project.