A big part of our editorial thrust is to shine light on smaller, independent companies doing and making cool things. But, you know what, sometimes we like the big guys too. The Land of Nod, kid sister to sibling companies Crate and Barrel and CB2, has become a favorite over the years for its well-rounded offerings for kids and families. From somewhat more traditional furniture to colorful modern accents and high-quality toys, the Land of Nod is one of our frequent online shopping destinations.
We picked out a few of our favorite things to give you a flavor of what you'll find there (if you don't already visit or receive their cutely-designed catalog).
• The Hanging Around lamp ($89) gives off a mid-century vibe with its elegant yet simple shape and, except for the color (hot pink, also available in orange and chocolate) would not look out of place in a CB2 catalog or an adult space.
• The Hot Spot Rug ($79 - $129) is an updated nod to the classic loom potholders we all made as children without, as they note, the stains.
• Land of Nod frequently collaborates with upcoming artists and we're fans of this Campy Wall Art canvas by Jonas Sickler ($99, who you can also find on Etsy).
• One of their newest offerings (shipping in July) is this whimsical Make a Splash bowl ($16.99). It's made of silicone so while your kids may still spill the milk, they won't break the bowl.
• Our favorite of their furniture collections is the Frank Lloyd Wright-inspired Oak Park Elementary series which has a vintage vibe without the nicks and stains - think of your greatest garage sale score (but more expensive).
We'd be very surprised if anyone reading this has not heard of the Land of Nod, but if you haven't visited in awhile, here's the link.