- Location: London, United Kingdom and online
- Website: designmuseumshop.com
- Headquarters: London, England
While there are plenty of high-quality museum shops here in the US, the Design Museum makes me envious of Londoners. Their gift shop is one of the best in the world for design nerds. Seriously.
Although small, its stock consists of things that are hard to find elsewhere. With most new exhibitions, they release an accompanying collection of distinctive prints, postcards, and objects.
Right now, to celebrate the museum's Wim Crouwel retrospective, the shop is selling new prints commissioned by some of the curators' favorite design studios, including Spin, CartlidgeLevene, David Pidgeon, MuirMcNeil, Philippe Apeloig, Build, and Experimental Jetset.
In addition to exhibition items, the shop carries books, clocks, watches, clothing, accessories, stylish electronics, toys, tabletop, and the occasional lamp, chair, or table. Customers can shop in person or online — the store ships internationally.
Any first-hand reviews of the Design Museum Shop? Share them in the comments.
• Wim Crouwel Postcard Set by SPIN, £7.50
• Mini Calculator XS by Naoto Fukasawa, £18
• Punkt DP 01 Phone by Jasper Morisson, £180
• Uten.silo by Dorothee Becker, £230
• Wood Lamp by TAF Architects, £155
• Braun Alarm Clock AB1 by Dietrich Lubs, £37.50
• 1000 Chairs by Charlotte and Peter Fiell, £9
• Internet Case Study Book by Julius Wiedemann and Rob Ford, £25
• Valentine Poster by Ettore Sottsass, £8
• Barnbrook Sticker Sheet, £1