2. Room & Board Moda Six Drawer Dresser in Solid Maple, $1099: Being that this was the most expensive purchase going into our nursery, pulling the trigger was the most difficult decision we made. I spoke with several friends who own the piece and everyone I knew who has children. I wanted to know everything, and ultimately it came down to the two side drawers being easily accessed while standing in front of the piece and still being able to safely change a diaper. My decision to purchase was made easier when reading the comments on the post What Are Your Nursery Must-Haves? where commenter HEJA reiterated what I'd heard so many times before: "It has been used continuously for the last four years through two daughters...It is very well made, durable, and good looking. I anticipate removing the changing table someday soon, but continuing to use the dresser for a long time!" Thanks, HEJA, for your input!
3. Room & Board Moda Changing Tray, $199: This detachable changing table is designed for the Moda 40w Six-Drawer Dresser mentioned above. The changing pad included is flat, allowing for a small basket filled with supplies to sit on top.
4. IKEA EKTORP Chair in Blekinge White, $249: Because we already own the EKTORP footstool but barely use it in its current place, it made sense to order its mate. We've love the small EKTORP love seat on our front porch, so we were confident in purchasing this slightly oversized chair that can easily fit an adult and a toddler for story time. It arrived in typical IKEA fashion in lots of pieces that hubby had to assemble. It was just too bulky for this nearly nine month pregnant lady to do herself.
5. IKEA EXPEDIT Shelving Unit in White, $39.99: This incredibly affordable piece solved three design challenges our 100-square-foot space posed: needing a surface for an accent lamp, a shelf for books, and basket storage for toys. We've purchased EXPEDIT Shelving in the past and have found its versatility and functionality of utmost use.
6. IKEA KNIPSA Baskets, $16.99: Designed to fit EXPEDIT Shelving, these easy-to-assemble baskets are perfect for storing all the little softies and toys we've been gifted.
7. IKEA RIBBA Frames in Birch, $17.99 to $19.99: More to come about artwork next week, but since our nursery's design centers on great art, we decided to create a cohesive look by using these affordable frames from IKEA. Customizing the matting will unify the art, allowing it and its powerful colors to be the playful finishing touches the space needs.
Join me as I transform a 100 sq. ft. room into a cozy, eco-friendly nursery.
Nesting a Nursery series:
• Designing Our Baby's Room from Scratch
• My Nursery Planning Tools
• What Are Your Nursery Must-Haves?
• Using Online Inspiration To Help Define Your Nursery Style
• What Are Your Best Tips for Nursery Organization?
• Inspirations & Samples: A Modern Nursery
• Is a Rocker or Glider a Nursery Necessity?
• Horse Before the Cart: Start Your Nursery Design with Space Planning
• 10 Inspiring Patterned & Papered Nurseries
- Melissa's Beach Town Bungalow House Tour
- Cozy Knits for the Home Roundup
- Powder-Coated Steel Coat Rack Daily Find
- Crowded Closet Relief: 8 Modern Wardrobes & Armoires
- Sources for Wassily (& Wassily-Style) Chairs
- Room & Board
- Room & Board: Furniture & Home Furnishings
- Room and Board: Kids Department