Housewares & accessories from independent sellers
($) Budget - ($$) Mid-Range
Holly Tucker & Sophie Cornish
Holly Tucker and Sophie Cornish shared a passion for hunting out the kind of charming, unique and carefully made things that you sometimes stumble across in cool urban markets, village fairs and tucked away boutiques. They also shared a desire to give everyone the chance to buy those things.
We're learning about UK-based Not on the High Street just in time for holiday shopping. Started by Holly Tucker and Sophie Cornish, this e-tailer stocks thousands of unique items from independent designers not found elsewhere. Holly and Sophie were originally inspired to start the site because they share a love of quirky items that can be found at art fairs and small boutiques. They wanted to bring that passion to a wider audience and thus Not on the High Street was born.
Originally starting with about 100 hand-picked British businesses, Not on the High Street now works with over 3,000 sellers. With most of the items coming from small and independent designers, Not on the High Street is kind of like etsy ... but with a better curatorial eye.
• 'Save Water Drink Champagne' Tea Towel by Catherine Colebrook
• Set Of Six Vinyl Record Coasters 45's by Vinyl Village
• Mood Mugs by Thabto
• Pushkar Patchwork Chair by Couch GB
• Banksy Maid Wall Stickers by The Binary Box
• Hand Crafted Marble Salt Piggy by made from marble
• Set Of Six Gingham Bowl Covers by Hunter Gatherer
• Solid Oak Desk Or Kitchen Tidy by The Oak & Rope Company
• Extending Clothes Dryer by Garden Trading
• Head Case Arrows Pillowcase by Twisted Twee Homewares
(Images: Not on the High Street)
Around the Web