- On the Go Collection: This line is made from plastic that's heavier than disposable stuff but more lightweight than Tupperware. It's designed to be used for casual meals like picnics and barbecues, but it's sturdy enough that it can be washed and reused afterwards.
- Toothbrush Subscriptions: When you sign up for Preserve's subscription, they'll send you a new toothbrush every 3 months and you can send your old one back to be recycled.
- Colanders: The company has a good-sized kitchen collection that includes colanders, food storage containers, and mixing bowls. Made from 100% recycled #5, BPA-free plastic, Preserve's colanders come in two sizes and three colors.
- Everyday Collection: These dishes are a little heavier and more durable than the On The Go Collection, and they're made to last through more washes.
- Paper Cutting Boards: Preserve sells both paper and plastic cutting boards. The paper ones are made from PaperStone, a material that's covered with a nonporous, petroleum-free coating so you can run it through the dishwasher.
- Founded: 1996
- Founded by: Eric Hudson
- Headquarters: Waltham, MA
In 1996, founder and president Eric Hudson was committed to the need to use our earth's resources more efficiently and responsibly. The developing plastic recycling market represented a great new opportunity to reuse our earth's resources (plastics are made from oil and natural gas—making up roughly 9% of the world's petroleum usage). However, at the time that Preserve was formed, there was a lot of concern that recyclables were not necessarily turning into new products. Seeing an opportunity, Eric started Preserve to reuse Earth's precious resources and turn them back into products that people wanted. He worked with dentists, scientists and engineers to create Preserve's first high-quality product from recycled plastics—the Preserve Toothbrush. Since then, Preserve has grown into a dynamic, green lifestyle company offering a range of everyday products for almost every room in your home. Using innovative methods, we turn used materials into razors, colanders, cutting boards, tableware and more!