As a part of URBN brands, the folks behind Urban Outfitters and Anthropologie, you would expect that Terrain's new Westport store to be well designed, with a reclaimed/industrial edge. And that's exactly what we get. The former Cadillac dealership provides a perfect backdrop for that industrial-gardening fusion. The floor to ceiling windows and concrete walls, though originally used for a more industrial setting, have a greenhouse appearance in this new incarnation.
In addition to gardening supplies, like Australian tree ferns, Black Mondo grass, and fig trees, some previously unavailable on the retail market, Terrain also stocks vintage and handcrafted furniture.
- Founded: 2008
- Headquarters: Glen Mills, PA
- Sister stores: Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie
Founded in 2008, Terrain transforms the local garden center into a celebration of nature. Terrain strives to be the most inspiring and compelling outdoor lifestyle destination while cultivating an appreciation for healthy and natural living. With a focus on community, terrain fosters a collaborative environment based on a shared fondness for growing, wellness, sustainability, design and the self-expression of the gardener.
- Mushroom Home Goods for Spring
- A Day at Terrain at Styer's Store and Nursery
- My Blue Heaven: 10 Giftable Accessories
- Small Ash Wood Cutting Board from Terrain Daily Find
- Terrain's Cadillac of Garden Stores Store Profile
Around the Web
- What's All The Hype? [Nest In Style]
- Urban Outfitters Opens Garden Center In Philadelphia [PSFK]
- Terrain at Styers [Yelp]
- If I Had a Shop... [Eddie Ross]