- Location: New York
- Specialty: House plants delivered in the New York area
- Price range: $$
- Website: thesill.com
- Founded by: Eliza Blank
- Headquarters: New York
The perfect way to thank the perfect host is by sending a little gift following a party. While flowers are always pretty, their life span can be limited. A house plant, on the other hand, is a gift that can be enjoyed long after it's been received.
Eliza Blank, the Founder and Creative Director of The Sill, has "a vision for making owning potted plants easy, fun, and fashionable for the young New York market." To that end, she launched her online storefront six months ago, offering easy care plants with free delivery in Manhattan and Brooklyn.
Of course, we all know that houseplants have many benefits. From purifying the air to just sprucing up a space, houseplants are great. But they also have a bad rap for being difficult to care for. Eliza intentionally chooses plants that are low maintenance. She couples these plants with modern pots, some in kicky colors.
• Jean Gerard Assorted succulents in handmade geometric stoneware from artist Eric Bonnin. $148
• Eley Assorted Haworthia in white or black stonware; measures just 2.5"w x 5"h. $48
• Blue Collection Trio of succulents in handpainted terra cotta. $48
• Color Theory Collection Assorted succulents in hand painted terra cotta. $48
• A. Blanc Pencil plants in Italian terra cotta pot. $42
(Images: The Sill)