- Location: Online
- Specialty: Works by emerging arists
- Price range: $$
- Website: thetappancollective.com
- Founded by: Jordan Klein and Chelsea Neman
Los Angeles natives Jordan Klein and Chelsea Neman studied together in Michigan's Tappan Fine Arts Library, quickly bonding over their love of art and art history. After school they decided to launch a resource for young artists to showcase their work. And The Tappan Collective was born.
In addition to making work by young artists available, The Tappan Collective also attempts to make collecting art more accessible to everybody. Prices for works on the site are pretty reasonable, some starting under $100. And because framing art can be a big deterrent from buying it, you can choose to have the work framed when you purchase it.
• Mastif by Will Robson-Scott, a London based photographer and filmmaker. Starting at $150 unframed
• Popsicles by Evan Roberts, a New York based artist. $125 unframed
• Jack at Jacob's by Nick Darmstaedter, a Los Angeles photographer now living in New York. $80 unframed
• Ballerina by Maggie Mull, an aspiring illustrator/writer living in New York City. $275 unframed
• Aurium by Martin Davis, an artist, printer and designer from Chicago. $350 unframed
(Images: The Tappan Collective)