- Location: Online
- Specialty: Independent furniture and home accessory designers
- Price range: $$-$$$
- Website: woodindesign.com
- Headquarters: Vancouver, British Columbia
• Jeff Martin's Turned Stool — Carefully crafted from thick laminated figured wood to avoid checking, each piece is hand shaped and slightly unique from the last. From Vancouver.
• 16th Workshop's High Chest of Drawers — Made with bookmatched boards continuous from side to top to side again, hand-cut dovetails at case top with mitered front corners, waxed hardwood drawer guides, and turned legs. From Seattle.
• Andre Joyau's Yasu Credenza — Made of Walnut with stainless steel legs, the credenza features 6 drawers with full extension drawer slides. From Brooklyn.
• Eternal Furniture's Arctic Side Table — Made from FSC maple casing with storm fallen walnut drawers and finished with a satin white lacquer and natural oils. From Braintree, Massachusetts.
• Stephane Hubert's Cork and Wood Stool — Made of reclaimed poplar and cork found in Brooklyn with reclaimed walnut butterflies on both faces. From Brooklyn.
Wood Design was launched as a way to showcase independent designers and the materials they use for their pieces. Designers from all over North America are brought together in this web store. Wood Design also collects stories from the designers and shares them on their blog. Their 5 Questions series is a great little snapshot into the minds of the designers.
(Images: Wood Design)