- Location: Portland, Oregon and online
- Specialty: Warm and quirky products from independent designers.
- Price range: $$
- Website: woonwinkelhome.com
Woonwinkel is a Dutch word meaning "home shop". Woonwinkel is also the name of a store in Portland's West End neighborhood that specializes in handcrafted products from independent designers.
Woonwinkel owners Erica Essink and Kristin Van Buskirk chose the name of the store as much for its whimsical sound as for its Dutch meaning. While Erica and Kirstin have a true admiration for craftsmanship and design, their focus is on products that feel warm and home-y, modern with heart. Or you might even say serious design with a wink. And that's apparent in the designers you see at Woonwinkel. From the chalk piggy bank to the hand knit squirrel-fox, Woonwinkel lives up to it's name in both ways..
Shown in the gallery above:
• A collection of vessels from Portland design studio Pigeon Toe.
• Chalk It To Me Piggy Bank from Ladies and Gentlemen
• Ceramic Clock from Dutch designer Dick van Hoff
• Cyril Squirrel-Fox is hand knit in the UK by Donna Wilson
• Log Bowl by Alberta, Canada designers Loyal Loot Collective