Even if you think yellow is a beautiful color, you may be confused about how to use it in your home. Many people don't use yellow to decorate an entire room and instead use it as an accent choice, since it's perfect for adding some bold contrast to a room. For 10 colors to pair it with, from cool gray to bright red, click through...
For a more in-depth peek into each of the combos shown above, click through the links:
- Yellow and gray have been a popular combination for a couple of years now.
- Yellow, pink, and cream is a cheerful combo that always reminds us of summer.
- For a humble, back-to-basics look, try Shaker yellow with natural wood.
- Yellow and turquoise make a retro, Mad Men era color combo.
- For a room that's bright and bold, pair yellow with a crisp white.
- Blue and yellow are surprisingly flexible; they work with modern or country styles.
- Yellow-green and brown has a 70s vibe.
- For a warm room that you want to saturate in color, pair yellow with red.
- Black, white, and yellow can create a glamorous, high-contrast look.
- Spring green with yellow makes us think of bright flowers like daisies or daffodils.
Join the Color Cure! Episode One, with Maxwell:
For more color combos from Apartment Therapy, click here.
Photos: Sköna hem, DeGournay, Wes & Kayla Schwartz, Janel Laban, Philippe Starck's Eurostar Train Station, Thomas Paul Wall Art at Graham & Brown, Acco Wallpaper from twenty2, Huomenta Table from Anthropologie, Cavern Home Wallpaper, Jonathan Adler Interior