Yellow is the color of 2009. However trendy it may be, most people don't use yellow to decorate an entire room. We do see it used a lot as an accent choice, since it's perfect for adding some bold contrast to a room. For 10 colors to pair it with, from cool gray to bright red, click through...
Join the Color Cure! Episode One, with Maxwell:
For a more in-depth peek into each of the combos shown above, click through the links:
- Yellow and gray have been a popular combination for a couple of years now.
- Yellow, pink, and cream is a cheerful combo that always reminds us of summer.
- For a humble, back-to-basics look, try Shaker yellow with natural wood.
- Yellow and turquoise make a retro, Mad Men era color combo.
- For a room that's bright and bold, pair yellow with a crisp white.
- Blue and yellow are surprisingly flexible; they work with modern or country styles.
- Yellow-green and brown has a 70s vibe.
- For a warm room that you want to saturate in color, pair yellow with red.
- Black, white, and yellow can create a glamorous, high-contrast look.
- Spring green with yellow makes us think of bright flowers like daisies or daffodils.
For more color combos from Apartment Therapy, click here.
Photos: Sköna hem, DeGournay, Wes & Kayla Schwartz, Janel Laban, Philippe Starck's Eurostar Train Station, Thomas Paul Wall Art at Graham & Brown, Acco Wallpaper from twenty2, Huomenta Table from Anthropologie, Cavern Home Wallpaper, Jonathan Adler Interior