We recently gathered some ideas for 5 Small Nightstands Under $5. The solutions were for small budgets. But what about small spaces? We're now gathering five more nightstand ideas that will fit into a 12" wide space next to the bed...
Many of us with small bedrooms have just enough space at the bedside to squeeze in and make the bed. What are some nightstand ideas for those slender spaces? Here are a few to get us started:
• 1 Sognibelli is a wall-mount shelf with integral lamp, freeing up the flat surface for other items.
• 2 The Bisley 5-Drawer Cabinet is perfectly sized for a small bedside space (11"w x 13"h). Available at the Container Store for around $100 in several attractive colors.
• 3 The Madison Avenue Floor Cabinet is actually marketed for bathroom storage but the narrow cabinet with drawer could work well as a nightstand, too.
• 4 Use stacked storage boxes, as in this example from My Deco. Fiberboard storage boxes like this are readily available in lots of sizes and provide storage plus a bedside surface.
• 5 This shelf from JCPenney was hacked for the bedside tables in this bedroom from the Puffer Progress renovation blog. Keep your eyes peeled for similar semi-custom projects you can take on to make your own bedside tables that perfectly fit your space.