We know that wading through the sea of Etsy print designers can sometimes be laborious, especially when you are on the hunt for artwork that's never-been-seen. When it comes to designs for kids, prints can either be a little too overly-sweet or have made their way around the internet so many times they've lost their original charm. Well, check out these five designers with fresh takes on prints for kids with cool, modern looks that you may have yet to discover.
- My Simplicity Designs: This Utah-based designer creates simple, modern prints with clever slogans. Choose from a pallete of different color combinations or send inspiration to create your own customized look. Prints are mounted on mat board, coated in linen texture and are available in sizes up to 16x20 inches.
- Twig Creative: From this husband and wife duo in Salt Lake City comes these typographic birthday prints. Commemorate a child’s birth with one of these stylish 11x14 prints that highlight all important events from that year. Currently, prints are available for 1984, 2010 and 2011. $35
- Gus & Lula: Named after this newly adoptive mamma’s two new little ones, Gus & Lula is full of sweet and artful prints boasting positive reinforcement. With designs encouraging baby whales to “Keep on Swimming” and banners that read “May the rest of your day be just as pleasant as you are,” these prints will look as good on the wall as they make you feel inside. Prices start at $16. Also check out Gus & Lula’s recent Nursery Tour here!
- Ashley Percival: Recently awarded Best Illustrator 2011 on I Heart Design Blog, this UK illustrator brings to Etsy several limited edition prints featuring animals wearing sweaters and riding bikes. Percival’s style is distinctly hip and the various designs feel fun and quirky. Pictured here: A Little Owl wearing glasses, $40.
- Urban Tickle: This Philadelphia-based designer creates graphic, minimal prints in customizable color schemes. These designs are perfect for simple, modern décor and print sets are available in two’s and three’s. Shown here: Vroom Vroom, 12X16, set of 3. $54
Image: Ashley Percival