After a summer of picture taking, you may be looking for something cool to do with all the great memories captured. Thanks to a number of online printing and framing services, displaying photographs has never been easier. From sources for small and large format printing to framers, both custom and ready-made, find out how to get those pictures off your camera and up on the wall with just a few clicks of the mouse.
- IKEA: With the RIBBA, VIRSERUM and NYTTJA series, IKEA makes photography projects easy and affordable. Work with these lines of simple, standard frame sizes to create all kinds of photo displays.
- FrameUSA.com: With a large inventory of wood, metal, poster and shadowbox frames ready-to-go, finding pre-made frames is a cinch at this great online resource.
- American Frame: Based out of Maumee, OH, this online retailer takes custom orders for wood and metal frames online. Work directly with one of their specialists and peruse their selection of affordable framing options to ensure the upmost quality and craftsmanship.
- The Victorian Frame Company: Specializing in oval, round and unusual shapes, the Victorian Frame Company is a great site to check out for giving photographs a stylish, vintage look. Also check out this company for convex glass options and other framing accessories.
Small to Medium Prints
- Shutterfly: Most home printers don’t really offer size options above 8”x10”, but with Shutterfly, you can order prints in sizes up to 20”x30”—and for reasonable prices. With their simple interface that allows you to upload, crop and select sizes, ordering prints has never been easier.
- Printstagram: If you are one of the 7 million users who use the iPhone app Instagram to capture memories with a vintage feel, you may want to check out this fun printing service. Several options like photo collages and poster grids are available as ways to display all those little square images.
Large Format Printing
- The C Lab: This New York-based printing service allows you to order images as large as 48”x100”. With prints created on Lmabda, a large format output device for high-resolution printing, you can turn your photographs into large-scale wall art.
- Flavor Paper: For something truly unique, check out this hot, Brooklyn-based wallpaper design house. Take your hi-res digital images and turn them into full scale, pixilation free wall murals.
Frameless Mounted Images
- fotoflot: A cool alternative to the typical frame-and-hang method of displaying your photos, fotoflot allows you to easily transfer images from your existing online gallery and create frameless images that seem to float off the walls.
- Canvas Pop: From hi-res pictures to those captured with a simple camera phone, Canvas Pop allows you to take any digital image, blow it up and have it stretched across a frameless canvas to create modern, eye-catching wall hangings.