As owners of Etsy shop The Vintage Cabin, Becke and Lee have an eye for cool second-hand pieces that can warm up a modern home. Their workspace balances vintage industrial style with warm wood details and the occasional inexpensive IKEA find. If you're looking for a similar look, we've scouted out some good products.
Table, Desks, and Chairs
- Barn Light Electric: This online store has an amazing selection of industrial/rustic pendant lamps, but they also stock some very nice heavy-duty furniture for workshops. This Vintage Industrial Workstation ($695) has a thick butcher block work surface.
- IKEA: Becke and Lee made their desk from a wood slab from a local mill, then added inexpensive table legs from IKEA to complete the piece. If you don't have your own local mill nearby, pair an IKEA counter with legs. Shown: VIKA AMON/ VIKA CURRY Tabletop with Legs, starting at $34.
- Get Back Inc.: This Connecticut store's prices are what you'd expect from a well curated, well marketed antique shop (ie high). For other options, see related resources at the end of this post. Shown: Pair of 2 Vintage Industrial Bent Plywood & Metal Stools, price on request.
Lighting and Clocks
- YLighting: You can find basic black pendants like the one shown above at every end of the pricing spectrum. On the high end, there's the AM4Z Pendant Light by Franco Albini, $1,305 at YLighting. A budget version is the IKEA 365+ Brasa Pendant for $50.
- Lamp Boutique: For a black drafting lamp at a decent price, check CSN online shop Lamp Boutique. They have several options for clamp-on desk lamps, including this Grandrich - G-2518 BLK - Heavy Duty Swing Arm Architects Lamp Kit in Black, $64.
- Etsy: Vintage clocks aren't hard to find on Etsy, as long as you're willing to try a few searches before landing on the exact right one. (Becke and Lee's shop is a good place to start.) This Vintage GE Industrial Factory Clock is available from HavenVintage for $64.
Storage and Accessories
- IKEA: For storage, we again turn to IKEA, always a good place to shop the 'modern industrial' look for less. The Helmer Drawer Unit on Casters, $40, is a go-to product for home office owners everywhere. The drawers are convenient for paper and office supplies.
- Three Potato Four: This webshop has a really impressive inventory of vintage signage — it's the perfect place to find that last piece that will pull the whole space together and give it personality. Shown: Transit Letter Sign: HELLO, $48.
- Chiasso: Becke and Lee's metal pinboard looks like the inexpensive and attractive IKEA Spontan Magnetic Board, $13. If you're looking for something that can also store scissors and tools, Chiasso's Perforated Metal Board is a stainless steel version of pegboard for $64.
To see the full tour of this home office on Unplggd, click here. You can also tour the rest of their home on Apartment Therapy here.
• 10 Industrial Chic Stores to Bookmark
• Best Industrial Chic Resources
• Industrial Office Furniture: 10 Sources
• 10 Vintage Industrial Stores for Conscious Consumers
Photo: Becke Gainforth