Baby gear has evolved a lot in the last few years, and there are diaper bags on the market that are covetable, even for people who don't have kids. No, really. We're serious. Just check out our guide to portable and stylish bags for parents.
- Skip Hop: Based out of NYC, Skip Hop has an online store and they sell through retailers around the country. Their specialty is on-the-go gear, particularly diaper bags that convert into something else. The new Central Park Bag ($45, shown left and in top photo) transforms from a bag into an instant picnic blanket.
- Weego Baby: Based in LA (and online), this is a small, well-curated store that has a good selection of colorful, patterned gear, including diaper bags and backpacks. This is their Lexington Tote Bag in Pink, $150.
- Spunky Sprout: Their online baby gear section is well stocked with baby carriers, strollers, and diaper bags. (They also carry some cool backpacks and totes for older kids.) This is the Musty 4Rider Nursery Bag, $90.
- Giggle: With multiple national locations and an extensive website, Giggle is a good resource for modern baby gear — particularly diaper bags that don't look like diaper bags.
- babygeared: As the name implies, this online store is fully stocked with baby gear. They have a big in transit section that features bags and carriers, and they're good about providing options for both moms and dads. This is the Baby Messenger Bag, $46.50.
- Target: Their kids' section is well-known for stocking some really nice modern brands like Skip Hop and Dwell. They're a megastore with a big selection of masculine and feminine options — we totally got a kick out of this Diaper Dude Skull and Crossbones Bag, $65.
- Mini Jake: Based in Brooklyn and online, Mini Jake is another go-to source for modern baby stuff. They have a section on their site labeled 'going' where you can find strollers, bags, travel accessories, etc. This is the Skip Hop Pronto Changer, $30.
- Land of Nod: Another good source for new parents, Land of Nod has a bunch of chic diaper bags that could pass for a laptop bag. Their Just Add Diapers Bag, $99, is a nice design for men or women.
Photo: Skip Hop