Whether you prefer a modern or classic workspace, it's nice to break things up with a few elements to charm you throughout the day. Including a few vintage touches around your desk may add a dash of humor, if not build style and character into the room where you do business. Check out these stores in our Marketplace for finding retro accessories, both useful and playful, for your office.
- Rehab Vintage: This online shop specializes in refurbishing industrial tanker desks, but they also have an awesome selection of vintage desk accessories like steel trash cans, scissors and globes.
- Modern50 Vintage Industrial: You can easily get lost in the wealth of offerings of this highly curated, online vintage warehouse. From furniture to accessories, all of the pieces here are well-restored and ready to be placed in an industrial modern home. Even if you aren’t looking to pay high price point, the inventory is full of inspiration.
- VandM.com: Founded in 2006, this online shop has become a leader in unique vintage furniture, antiques, art, photography, and jewelry from around the world. Their inventory is full of all kinds of goodies for the office.
- Vintage Modern: Started by the adorable Erin Hall, you will find Vintage Modern tucked away in a discreet corner of Greenpoint, Brooklyn. Having recently launched into online sales, a portion of the mid-century inventory is now also available online.
- Antique Telephones: Many no longer have a need for a landline, but if you are one of the few, bring some character to your desk with one of these GPO Bakelite telephone. The phones from this UK-based shop are all fully restored and date back as far as 1929. Contact dealer for pricing.
- 26 Olive Street: Never forget Etsy when on the hunt for small vintage items. Shops like 26 Olive Street are a treasure trove of old accessories.
- Industrial Relic: Another good stop on the Etsy train, Industrial Relic carries a lot of unexpected vintage office accessories.
- Salvage One: When searching for vintage lighting, look no further than Salvage One. Their selection of chandeliers, sconces, floor lamps and table lamps is enormous and their prices are insanely low.
- Kasbah Mod: As the biggest retailer of the ace-quality vintage typewriters in New York City, Kasbah Mod stocks a mouth-watering selection of these bright and shiny machines from the 1920’s to the 1950’s. Their merchandise is listed online, but contact them directly for prices and ordering info.
- Sweet Bella: This imports store stocks really cool retro accessories for the office, like vintage-style file holders and clip boards. They also have an amazing selection of 1930’s Kaweco Classic Pens. Merchandise is available at Top Hat in New York City’s Soho neighborhood.
Image: Rehab Vintage