Ever wanted to make your own ice cream? Our Marketplace is full of stores and resources for finding all the supplies you need to create your very own frozen treats. Check out this guide to compare options on ice cream makers, recipe books and more.
Ice Cream Makers
- Bed Bath & Beyond: The ice cream maker of choice for professional pastry chefs who need to test out their recipes in smaller quantities, the Ice Cream Maker Bowl is a must-have attachment for your KitchenAid Mixer. Customer reviews are positive across the board, and with its two-quart capacity it's also the biggest option on the market at this price point. $79.99
- Williams-Sonoma: Prepare ice cream in less than 60 minutes with the Cuisinart Supreme Ice Cream Maker. This machine is a cinch to use and no pre-freezing of the bowl is required. $257.95
- Amazon.com: Sleek and compact, our editor-approved Lello 4080 Musso Lussino Ice Cream Maker will look great on your counter top as it quietly yields creamy ice creams and sorbets. $699
- Sur La Table: Made of Durable ABS plastic and stainless steel, the Cuisinart Classic Frozen Yogurt, Ice Cream and Sorbet Maker comes in a variety of bright colors and makes frozen treats in as little as 20 minutes. Coming in at just under $60, this machine seems to be the best value on the market.
- Amazon.com: Featuring recipes by world renowned gelato master, Meredith Kurtzman, the tail end of Mari Batali’s Molto Gusto: Easy Italian Cooking contains the beloved recipes from Kurtzman's menu at New York City’s Otto Ennotecca Pizzeria. Flavors like sweet corn and olive oil gelato are the reason New Yorkers have declared her desserts the best in the city. $17
- Williams-Sonoma: With over 52 recipes that cover both traditional and adventurous flavors to will delight the taste buds, the Sweet Scoops Cookbook by Shelly Kaldunski is a must-have for the kitchen shelf. $18.95
- Amazon.com: Told from the witty perspective of frozen dessert guru David Lebovitz, The Perfect Scoop is a recent cookbook filled with stunning visual lessons and great advice for crafting the perfect ice cream. $10.79
- Etsy: Opt for elegance with these handmade flower-like ceramic bowls from Etsy. $50 for the pair.
- Crate and Barrel: Put your creation on a pedestal and try serving it one of these simple martini glasses. $3.95
- Unica Home: My personal favorite for a simple ice cream presentation, the Stainless Steel Ice Cream Dish by Alessi lets the dessert take center stage. $48
Scoops & Spoons
- Broadway Panhandler: Created in 1935, the Zeroll Original Aluminum Scoop is “the end” when it comes to turning out ice cream. $16.90
- BigKitchen: Designed with a flat-shovel like head, this set of 6 gelato spoons by Gnali & Zani are a classic design and a great deal at $11.99.
- Crate and Barrel: Don’t waste a drop! Slurp up your ice cream “soup” with these handy and fun Spoon-straws for 1.99
- Bed Bath & Beyond: Add variety to your presentation with different sized scoops. The Calphalon Easy Release Melon Baller is specially designed for cutting foods, which means it will easily create crisp balls of ice cream in two smaller sizes. $4.99