The store is a wonderland. Even unfinished it's beautiful. Designed by Commune, the space serves not only as a showroom for Heath's products but as a gallery and studio that will focus on ceramic research and small run, custom work. Committed to all things local, the showroom promises community events and backyard bbq's in the small courtyard (planted by Judy Kameon, the designer behind the gardens at the Parker Hotel in Palm Springs).
Alongside the full line of Heath Ceramics will be Adam Silverman's own pottery designs plus products from like-minded companies like Weck Canning and Danish glass manufacturer Holmegaard. There was already a nice selection of books spotlighting local design, the slow food movement and mid century inspiration. We're also looking forward to an expansion of the brand to include planters, light fixtures and large scale vases.
Join them this weekend, Saturday and Sunday 11am-7pm, for all their grand opening festivities.
- Risa & Nick's Modern Architectural Rehab House Tour
- Etched Ceramics: Heath Ceramics' New Seasonal Collection
- Heath Ceramics' New Summer Collection: In a Gorgeous Matte Orange!
- SF Tour: Heath Ceramics Factory
- Heath Ceramics: A New Homeware Source!Email from 6.6.08