As soon as the temperature outside dips below 55 degrees, I develop a case of the sniffles that lasts until about June. So — unfortunately for me — tissues are a perpetual presence in my décor. They’re not just relegated to the bathroom or bedroom, either — I have to keep them in every single room lest I resort to my grandmotherly bad habit of filling my pockets with crumpled half-used tissues. Strangely, no one seems to find that very attractive.
Thus, I am always on the lookout for interesting and modern tissue-holders that will help the tissues blend in with the rest of my home. Herewith, a few of my favorite tissue box covers, holders, and dispensers:
1. I read about Paper Pot last year on Apartment Therapy and immediately snatched one up. It comes in 6 fun colors at Molla Space, $40
2. Waterwork's resin Glacier tissue cover in “smoke” is, I think, about as close to being sexy as a tissue box cover is ever going to get. $175
3. I’m embarrassed to admit that a colleague had to set me straight on how to use this gorgeous Modern Crystal cover (also from Waterworks)—first remove the tissue box so that all you see are the sculpturally folded tissues within. Genius! $85
4. I'm not at all embarrassed to admit that I love everything Jonathan Adler, and his Charade tissue cover is no exception. A little mod plus a little kitsch equals a lot of fun! $48
5. The Essy Wipy Cube at Emmo Home is a cute reference to the crumpled tissues within. $30
6. Unlike the covers I’ve shown you thus far, the Alessi Birillo cover works with the old-school rectangular box of tissues. $42
7. Minimalist in looks and in price the Toro Tissue Ring is a thing of beauty. The ring is perfectly weighted to release a single tissue and not wiggle around on the remaining ones while you remove it. $18
8. Umbra’s Vapor Acrylic Tissue Cover is a modern and affordable tissue disguiser. At Bed, Bath and Beyond, $19.99
9. Also by Umbra the Orvino tissue cover comes in 6 colors of hard-wearing melamine. It’s also the most affordable cover I’ve found yet. $14
10. After I purchased my Paper Pot I found this pretty little wide mouth vintage vase and realized that by tightly rolling the unboxed tissues and situating them in the bottom of the vase, I would have my own vintage-mod style Paper Pot! It works beautifully.
Do any of you share my dependence on tissues? Do you know of any other great tissue box covers or tissue dispensers? I’m always on the lookout for something great!
Images: 1. Molla Space, 2. Waterworks, 3. Waterworks, 4. Jonathan Adler, 5. Emmo Home, 6. Alessi, 7. Vessel, 8. Bed, Bath, & Beyond, 9. Umbra, 10. Bethany Adams