- Location: Colonia Condesa, Distrito Federal, Mexico and online
Colorful, versatile, mid-century designed chairs
Price Range: ($$) Mid-Range
- Website: ochoworkshop.com
- Founded by: Carlos Ocho
- Headquarters: Mexico City, Mexico
A modern icon, the Acapulco chair was inspired by Mayan weaving techniques and originally produced in the 1950's. Today, Carlos Ocho faithfully reproduces the chair at his workshop just outside of Acapulco, where each piece is handcrafted to retain all of the charm, character and authenticity of the original.
Perfect for indoor or outdoor use, the Acapulco chair is made of powder coated iron and vinyl cord. Its color options are numerous and range from single-color styles, to dual-color, tri-color, metallic, and transparent versions. There's even a newly released leather style (for indoor use only) and a just-added line of smaller scaled chairs for kids. Used separately, or in a group, the strong, graphic quality of the Acapulco Chair will add a punch of pizzazz to any place.
Prices start at approximately $400, and orders can be shipped to any city in the world. Call or email OCHO directly to purchase.
Around the Web
- Ocho’s Leather Acapulco Chair[2modern blog]
- Mexican Designer Carlos Ocho presents The Acapulco Chair [Morfae]
- Leather Acapulco Chair[Design Milk]
- Acapulco Chair[manureyes.design ]