- Location: multiple locations and online
- Website: gracioushome.com
- Founded: 1963
- Founded by: Natan Wekselbaum
- Headquarters: New York City
Me (right) with Natan Wekselbaum, the founder of GH (second from left)
If excessive consumption is your thing, watch out for Gracious Home's new store in Chelsea! It's like The Container Store, Bed Bath and Beyond and ABC Home all put together. The store is so tempting, we urge going into this store with great caution. Like its original uptown location, it's one stop shopping for the house and home set. We put together the slide show above so that you can get a sneak peek. Check out the variety and consider how many SKU's they have under one roof... >> Enter Gracious Home Chelsea!
- Le Creuset in the full range of glorious color! >> Enter Gracious Home Chelsea! Last Thursday night we were blown away with the size and sheer amount of stuff in their new store. Shelves were bulging, the range of categories was mindboggling and - yes - the quality level was very high. It is true, you can walk into this store and buy two nails or a whole Italian bedding set, but what impressed us most was the attention to detail that stores like this rarely display. There are a lot of hard to find items and imported items here, so it makes a good resource for downtown folk.
- The band played on! Chelsea is just getting started. Despite the economic downturn, they're opening another store around the corner in March, which will sell kitchen cabinets and larger fixtures. Check out how big this whole operation will be: "Gracious Home signed a 20-year, 24,300 square foot lease (17,000 sf street level and 7,300 sf lower level retail) at 55 West 25th Street and Sixth Avenue late last year, in the Chelsea Landmark... the retailer has also signed a 20-year lease for an 18,000 sf design center on two floors at the contiguous 45 West 25th Street." Yes, that's a total of 42,300 square feet in lower Manhattan! This is definitely a destination that deserves to be checked out and will be very helpful to many who want a full service store like this downtown, but pack your wallet, because, Honey, this ain't Ikea anymore.
- Selina standing with one of the props in the Miele showroom! >> Enter Gracious Home Chelsea! (ReEdited from 2008-11-17 - mgr)