If you have a small bedroom, you may have to make compromises when it comes to furniture. No matter how tight the fit, though, one thing you need to make room for is a place for all your bedside essentials. A nightstand is something you take for granted until you don't have one and find yourself without a place for your favorite books, a light to read by, your nightly tea, alarm, etc. Luckily, there are creative solutions out there for fitting a nightstand into your small space.
- A simple, narrow options like this one from Love Peace Pionies allows for storage both on the top and below.
- Reduce your footprint with a wall-mounted option like this one spotted on HGTV.
- Small space and on a budget? Try a chair that you can pick up at a flea market or thrift shop, like in this bedroom from Family Living featured on Emmas Design Blogg.
- Maximize your wall space with a shelf either beside or above your bed for easy access, as in this room from Solebich.
- Combine storage and light in one with this creative project from DesignSponge.
- Check out this great space-saving solution from Maze Interior!
- Get handy and warm up your space with this option by Light Sky Designs found on HomeEdit.
- It doesn't get easier than using a pile of books, like in this example on Houzz.
- Here's a small but sweet DIY idea from Fall for DIY.
- In Joe & Brad's Small Space With Big Style, a tiny stool takes up hardly any floor space yet accommodates all the essentials: a lamp, reading glasses, a book, and a glass of water.