My search for the perfect coffee table is endless. Not because of a lack of variety, just the opposite. There are tables in so many sizes, shapes and materials that, as often happens to me while decorating, I'm paralyzed by choice.
There are so many beautiful options that each new, amazing find just reinforces my idea that committing to one table will, through the evil influence of Murphy's Law, lead me down a path to an even more perfect choice.
Then there are the rules. Does a square rug necessitate a square table or should I contrast it with a round table? Or do I get crazy and mix it up with an unconventional shape?
To quell my anxiety, I've been browsing living rooms for weeks, and I've come to the conclusion that the rules, if there are any, are baloney. A round shape gracefully mirrors a round rug, but on a square rug it stands out. Mixing colors and styles looks artistically eclectic, but a monochromatic look can be equally stunning. There are no mistakes, so find a table you love and go for it.
1) Cindy's Midcentury Portland Sunshine
2) Jeff and Mary's Mod Home (and Airstream) Rehab
3) Amy's Pearl District Remodel
4) Jennifer's High/Low Home in the Hills
5) Kathleen and Maurizio's Imported Italian Home
6) Maryam and Max's Modern Beachwood Canyon Home
7) Ami and Sean's Colorful, Welcoming and Art-Filled Home
8) Rachel and Joathan's Cozy Angelino Heights Home
9) Guy and Jennifer's Contemporary California Modern Home
10) Sarah's Former High School
11) Elyse's Southwest Style Loft
12) Sarah's "Farmhouse Vintage Modern" in Logan Square
13) A Spanish Style Meets Mid C Home
14) Rob and Matthew's Lake Nokomis Tudor Bungalow House Call
15) Keith and Sara's Outside In-Inside Out Modern Farmhouse
(Images: As credited above.)