When you're decorating your bedroom, it just comes naturally to add a headboard to your wish list, right? Why not explore what your room could look like without a headboard? Whether you're renting, on a budget, or just want something a little less conventional, you can pass on the headboard purchase and try one of these ten stylish ideas instead.
- Hang a large statement piece of art right above the bed, as seen on Plastolux.
- Shelves to hold your favorite books and pieces of art, spotted on Nordic Design.
- Use wainscoting instead of a headboard, featured on Apartment 34.
- Frame your bed between curtains like this look from Urban Outfitters.
- Create an architectural feature with a ledge full of art, spotted on Vtwonen (in Dutch).
- Hang a photo ledge to hold some of your favorite pieces, seen on Alvhem (in Swedish).
- Turn the wall behind your bed into a huge focal point with a mural or wallpaper, seen on Design Sponge.
- A strategically placed built-in shelf to hold your pretty collection, spotted on Dust Jacket Attic.
- Place your bed under a window to anchor it like this room photographed by Derek Swalwell.
- A simple black & white gallery wall, featured on Style and Create.
(Image credits: Plastolux; Nordic Design; Apartment 34; Urban Outfitters; Vtwonen; Alvhem; Design Sponge; Dust Jacket Attic; Derek Swalwell; Style and Create)