I thought with the anticipated release of 50 Shades of Grey on Valentine's day, it was very appropriate to talk about bedrooms and the color grey. I'm a huge color lover so it's not often that I show off neutrals. I would usually describe grey as "blah," but these bedrooms decorated in different shades of grey are anything but.
1. Feminine, soft and warm greys with copper in this room photographed by Derek Swalwell, via Jelanie.
2. Grey headboard & bedding, featured on Design Blog.
3. Really soft greys in this bedroom from Trendenser.
4. Soft and feminine greys, seen on Avenue.
5. Cool & modern grey with pops of white, spotted on Klikk.
6. Airy and fresh greys in this room, via Just Decorate.
7. Lots of contrast in this room, seen on Ollie and Seb's Haus.
8. Very dark & dramatic greys, spotted on Vray World.
9. Modern with fresh pops of white, featured by Style at Home.
10. Soft greys with a tiny pop of soft pink, by IKEA.
What's so appealing about grey is that it invokes so many moods, depending on the shade you choose. It can be dark & masculine, soft & warm, light & fresh, feminine & modern. It's really so versatile. Here's some inspiration on how you can use grey in your bedroom.
1. Benjamin Moore in Deep Space
2. Pratt & Lambert in Windham
3. Benjamin Moore in Dior Grey
4. C2 Paint in Haddon Hall
5. Hand Knit Super Chunky Merino Wool Throw by Loopy Mango on Etsy, $1280
6. Bamboo Silk Rug, ABC Home, $4000
7. Linen Sheets available in various shades, Viesso, $130
8. Facade Grey Bed, CB2, starting at $999
9. Upholstered Tufted Round Ottoman, West Elm, $159 (on sale)
10. Concrete Low Dresser, CB2, $599
11. Peking Handicraft Modern Heirloom Throw Pillow, Wayfair, $33.99
12. Surya Ruffle & Frill Throw Pillow, Wayfair, $29.99
13. Shades of Grey Bedding from West Elm, various prices
14. Nate Berkus Triangle Throw, Target, $29.99
(Image credits: Jelanie; Design Blog; Trendsetter; Avenue; Klikk; Just Decorate; Ollie & Seb's Haus; Vray World; Style at Home; IKEA (swedish); Melissa DiRenzo)