The kitchen is number one on my list of areas in our house that I want to re-haul. We are in it all the time and it opens into the dining room and living room, so I am always daydreaming about how I can make it feel brighter and maximize the space. Naturally, these makeovers serve to feed these daydreams and give me inspiration about how to go about doing this for my own kitchen someday.
There is definitely a trend happening with white cabinets on top and dark or bright colored cabinets on the bottom. Check out these reveals and click over to each project's blog to find out the details of their progress!
1. Sarah's serene kitchen from Smitten Studio makes me feel like I would become an excellent cook just be standing in it.
2. The combination of that green with the brass in Abbey's farmhouse kitchen from Aesthetic Outburst is so regal.
3. That yellow in this sunny kitchen from the ladies at A Beautiful Mess instantly puts me in a good mood.
4. It's fun to scroll through the progress pictures from dark wood to bright over at Young House Love.
5. Here's another one from Smitten Studio, but from their cabin. I love the look of the wooden countertops (from Ikea!) against the white.
6. I think the star of this kitchen from Emily Henderson is all the gorgeous brass details. And apparently, she has painted those lower cabinets since then, so stay tuned...
7. The bright mint on the traditional cabinets give this kitchen from Life in Grace a fun vibe, and notice how she went with a different color on the base of the island for some contrast.
8. If you want to aim for smaller steps to start, check out how Naomi over at Love Taza made a few small changes to make a really big impact.