Create a Clutter-Free Bedroom with This Easy Plan
Day 9: Declutter the bedroom.
Today’s assignment is to declutter the bedroom, step by step. Here’s our guide on where to look and what to look for.
Where to look:
- In and around side tables and nightstands
- In and around the dresser and other surfaces
- Consoles and armoires
- Hooks and storage racks
- Vanity tables
- Open shelves
- Under and around the bed
- On and inside a storage ottoman or bench
- Wherever your clothes pile up, such as on a chair or in a corner of the room
What to look for:
- Paper, such as notes, receipts, or clothing tags
- Books and magazines
- Drinking glasses and mugs
- Remote controls and electronics
- Phone chargers and cords that aren’t being used
- Random objects and decor
- Dingy or old sheets and linens
- Hangers or sleeves to take back to the dry cleaners
- Safety pins and bobby pins
- Out-of-place grooming supplies, makeup, or jewelry
- Clothes piled and draped where they shouldn’t be
- Shoes, handbags, and accessories where they don’t belong
PRO TIP: Once order is restored, consider welcoming some organizational finds to keep it that way. Here are our top picks from our Organization Awards.
Where are your common clutter clusters in the bedroom? Tell us in the comments.
More ways to participate in the Decluttering Cure:
- Sign up for email updates.
- Visit the 2023 Decluttering Cure page and catch up on assignments.
- Join the Apartment Therapy Cure Facebook group.
- Download the Decluttering Cure calendar.
- Check off that you’ve completed this task and track your overall Decluttering Cure progress here!
- See all the winners from our 2023 Organization Awards to get your home organized.
The Cure Program is a tradition here at Apartment Therapy — it happens every January, April, and September. Click here to learn more about the year-round program and when to sign up.