Our Best Minimalist Bedroom Ideas
Get inspired by dozens of ideas for minimalist bedrooms, with sortable photos of beautiful real bedrooms decorated in a variety of minimalist styles.
Our Editors' Favorite Minimalist Bedrooms Ideas
By now, it's a known fact that clutter can cause anxiety and poor sleep. So, it only makes sense that you'd want to design your bedroom in a way that prevents clutter and keeps chaos at bay. Enter the minimalist bedroom. Minimalist philosophy, which stems from the "less is more" school of thought, is totally of the moment; and we don't foresee that changing any time soon.
What is Minimalism?
Minimalism as a design concept is often confused with terms like modern and contemporary, but there are differences between all three. A minimalist space focuses on function and a dramatic reduction of "stuff." While neutral colors are typically used in a minimalist bedroom, adding punches of bright or deep color to the palette can add visual interest.
How to Achieve a Minimalist Bedroom
When it comes to minimalism in general, it's more of a mindset or a lifestyle than a design trend. Here are some basic principles:
- Declutter your space. Start by organizing your closet, and then pare down the rest of your belongings (think old posters, random poufs, and objects you're no longer interested in that are taking up space).
- Decide what type of vibe you'd like to bring to your minimalist bedroom. While you may picture stark, all-white spaces with sparse furnishings, rest assured that minimalist goes beyond Scandi style.
- Add color with a feature wall, your favorite plants, or even a cool lamp to add dimension without clutter.
- Consider adding a few items that give your space a bohemian twist or hang a few pieces of your favorite statement art.
- The main goal is to avoid excess. And the good news is, this style is especially great for keeping small bedrooms from looking cluttered.