10 Short, Simple Steps to Having a Cleaner Bedroom
Bedrooms don’t always get a lot of love when it’s time to spruce up. Your bedroom is likely the most private and intimate part of your home, so it’s also the space where you’re most comfortable — mentally and emotionally, if not physically — with letting the space collect a little bit of life’s patina. Patina in the form of clothes piles, used water glasses, and a fine layer of dust on nearly everything.
But you’ll do yourself a lot of good to check back in on the bedroom from time to time and get it all cleaned up to enjoy a movie, a book, or just a good night’s sleep.
So that’s what we’ll do today!
Day 15: Clean the bedroom and treat yourself to flowers.
First, treat yourself to flowers. Then, give your bedroom a thorough cleaning.
There’s no wrong way to do this. Your goal is just to give your sleeping spot a spruce-up — whatever that means for you. But because I know some people thrive on a checklist, here’s what I try and do in my space:
- Pick up and put away all your clothes, books and belongings
- Declutter any surfaces (remove things like change and jewelry from the top of the dresser, for instance, and put it all in the proper places)
- Strip the bed
- Launder all your bedding
- Flip and/or rotate the mattress
- Vacuum the curtains and clean the blinds
- Clean your windows and mirrors
- Dust any surfaces and wipe down light switches, fixtures, and the ceiling fan
- Push aside the bed, side tables, and dressers and vacuum and clean under them
- Remake the bed
Then when you’re done, enjoy your flowers and a sound sleep (and maybe a good book) in your clean room!