My grownup desk is boring and bill-covered, but these dozen desks are colorful, unique, and perfect for creative, hard-working kids. Let them get you in the mood for back-to-school, or just inspire you to make your workspace a little more fun...
This is the dreamiest little office I've ever seen- and the wall-mounted desk is perfect for a small space.
- Garlands: Hip Hooray Garlands, Maromeria, $9.99
- Bunny lamp: Granny Green Lapin Lamp, Lapin & Me, £65
- Chair: Lilly Bamboo Chair, Smallable
- Yellow rocking seat: Hut-Hut Kids Resin by Kalon Studios, Maromeria, $125
- Masking tape: Pretty Tape on Etsy, $2.25+
I wish my desk had a squirrel and a rotary phone, though I don't really need a gun. Olivia Ellen's room, above, will age gracefully with her.
- Chair: Panton Junior Chairs via Vitra on Amazon, $150/each
- Desk: 1950s Danish teak
- Ühhö poster: Jall & Tofta, 99,50DKK
This cheerful attic study has one desk for the adults, and one shared by the three older children.
A vintage sign provides a pop of color and directs visitors out of a teenager's bedroom.
Two brothers share this charmingly colorful San Francisco bedroom and use the beautiful desk "for homework and art projects everyday."
- Desk: Lark, Serena & Lily, $695
- Chairs: Panton Junior Chairs via Vitra on Amazon, $150/each
- Animals: Schleich via Amazon, prices vary
- Shelving: IKEA Algot, $27.00+
Tween Olivia and her mom live in an abandoned Caltrans rental that they've made into a lively and livable home.
Two boys sharing a castle-themed bedroom each get their own desk- because even knights have to do homework.
- Desks: IKEA Norberg, $39.99
- Bookshelves: IKEA Hemnes
- Storage: IKEA Trofast, $35.99+
- Chairs: IKEA Tobias, $79.99
- Paint: Benjamin Moore Polar Sky with 75% light added
This sweet bedroom features a little desk for a 4-year-old and a teeny desk for good measure!
Determined not to paint wood paneling, this family embraced their home's 1952 style to created an awesome, adventuresome room.
An 8-year-old boy in Sweden has a loft bed that's the envy of all studio apartment dwellers- with a darling home office to boot.
- Loft bed: DIY
- Lamp: PXL by Fredrik Mattson Zero, Scandinavian Design Center, $1,036
- Map: wallpaper from Wonderwall
- Drawers: IKEA Alex, $79.00
- Carpet: IKEA Strib (no longer available)
- Beanbag: Fatboy
Jocelyn has created a nursery that's perfect for her 3-year-old, 8-month-old, and the adults who care for them.
This Toronto teen works in front of a bank of windows that most office dwellers can only dream of having someday!