Back to Work: Desk Lamp Shopping Guide
Do we really ever grow out of the ‘back to school’ routine? I think for many of us, September will always mark that time. Even if you’re not in school or sending any of your mini-me’s off to learn, it’s still a great time of year to regroup and re-organize your working space. Whether you work from home or in an office, you likely spend a lot of time time at a desk and it can’t hurt for it to be both functional and stylish – especially if it’s in your home. Here’s a roundup of stylish ‘grown up’ desk lamps to help you when you’re working late.
If you work/live in an open space with your student days and budgets behind you, you may want to make more of an investment and choose your office furniture with the same consideration and budget as other pieces of furniture, especially if it’s in your home. But if that’s not the case, you can still find something stylish to fit a wide range of budgets. I just couldn’t resist adding that Hula Girl lamp to the bunch. Isn’t it fun!?
1. Cole Task Lamp, Crate & Barrel, $199
2. Gumball Desk Lamp, Urban Outfitters, $59 (sale)
3. Hula Lamp, CB2, $99.95
4. Archway Desk Lamp, Anthropologie, $278
5. Miles Desk Lamp, Schoolhouse Electric, $275
6. Volta Desk Lamp, Anthropologie, $98
7. Accordion Task Table Lamp, World Market, $79.99
8. LumiSource Table Lamp, Wayfair, $40
9. HARTE Work Lamp, IKEA, $19.99
10. Wood Pole Scholor Light Collection, Target, $15.99
11. LumiSource Table Lamp, Wayfair, $31.50
12. Factory Task Lamp, West Elm, $149