Before & After: An Old Settee Turned Into A Family Heirloom
Using a $20 garage sale settee as a base, Suesan over at Frou-FruGal wanted to create a family heirloom map furniture piece. Using a drop cloth, some incredible hand painting skills and some elbow grease she has created an unexpected decor element.
Whether you like the look or not, this is so much more than just your typical piece of furniture. As Suesan describes,
It’s unique to our family and I’m happy with the look. It wasn’t easy. It wasn’t fast. It was a labor of love, but I’m okay with doing projects like that from time to time. I think those pieces have value, too.
The other great part is the cost break down:
- Garage Sale Settee – $20.00
- De-Upholstering and Reinforcing – $49.33
- Stripping & Refinishing – $15.39
- Painted Fabric – $23.98
- Foam Mattress Pad – $12.00
- 3 Packages Cotton Cord – $6.77 (I had two 40% off coupons and one 50% off coupon!)
- Bonded Cotton/Sheet – Stash on Hand
- Total Project Cost – $127.47
Check it out over at Frou-FruGal.