Tranae picked up this Louis chair in good condition, but was less than excited about its outdated fabric. She paired it with a cheery modern floral that's more suited to her style:
After months of looking for a Louis chair at yard sales and thrift shops, I finally found one for $40. The chair was in good condition but I hated the fabric. First, I removed the old fabric and padding using a staple remover and pliers. Then I sanded, primed, and painted the chair in a hi-gloss white.
I replaced the cotton batting, dacron, and jute webbing. The chair needed about 2 ½ yards of fabric. I splurged on the cherry blossom fabric but saved on the solid fabric by shopping in the remnant section. I applied the fabric using a pneumatic staple gun and covered the exposed staples by attaching double welt cording.
For more photos and information, check out Tranae's blog, Becoming Fab.
Thank you Tranae!