Kris' impressive powder room makeover is a master class in the art of the well chosen splurge. Impressive DIY updates compliment some truly spectacular wallpaper. Check it out!
From Kris: We moved into a new house last summer, and have recently started tackling some small-ish DIY projects. My most recent project was updating our first floor powder room. It was very bland… from the orange paint color, to the huge blank walls, to the 90s style builder-grade cabinet and mirror, so I wanted to bring some vibrancy to the room with some new colors, architectural details and wallpaper. The entire project was around $700- with almost half of my budget going towards 2 rolls of beautiful Milton & King wallpaper. We were lucky that we didn’t have to touch the faucet fixtures and granite counter tops, which the prior owner had recently upgraded. Overall, I’m thrilled with how this room turned out! The rest of our home has fairly tame wall colors and décor, so this little pop of excitement is just what the house needed.
- Antler Damask Walllpaper by MILTON & KING (purchased from Burke Decor)- $330
- Paint- Suitable Brown (cabinet) and Snowbound (wall) from Sherwin Williams- $50
- Lumber for board & batten work- $120
- New Moen toilet paper roll & towel bar- $40
- Mercury Glass knobs from World Market- $15
- Oval mirror- $40
- New fan/light fixture (not pictured)- $100
Thank you, Kris!