When Addison spotted a piece she'd been lusting after at a thrift store, she knew she had to have it. After snatching up the large ottoman of her dreams, she decided to put her extra cash towards spiffing it up a bit.
I got this square ottoman for $20 from a thrift store. This ottoman was still structurally sound but need new fabric. Other ottomans this size can go for upwards of $500 so I was super happy to find this for so cheap at a thrift store! The ottoman is 37 inches by 37 inches. I had been looking for a large ottoman and this was just perfect for my space!
The first thing I did after getting it home was strip off all the fabric and remove the old buttons. I bought some metallic upholstery fabric from Joann's. This ottoman required two yards which is normally $50 a yard but was on sale for $25. Since the fabric was on sale I could use a coupon getting the two yards for only $40.
After using a staple gun to attach the fabric to the ottoman I used the staple gun to make the tufts on top. The tufted pattern before only had 5 buttons and I wanted a few more buttons. I found an extremely cheap option; I used the glass beads from Dollar Tree which is only $1 a bag and covered them with fabric and hot glue. To attach the buttons to the ottoman I took hot glue and pushed down on them till they cooled. In total this project only cost $61 and would have been much cheaper if I had gone with cheaper fabric. This project took about two hours and very little skill. I love the end result!
Thank you so much, Addison! You can see more on Addison's blog, The Avenue A.