This 3-bedroom duplex is a gem of a find in Chicago—a family-friendly home that is a gorgeous mix of history (the unit is situated in a converted church) and modern comforts. The unit itself is modern and bright without feeling sterile thanks to the abundance of hardwood floors and exposed brick as well as a wood-burning fireplace.
The location of the property is also fantastic, as it's located on a quiet street in the heart of Lakeview, so you're walking distance to some of the best restaurants, cafes, and entertainment in the city, not to mention a stone's throw from Wrigley Field (Go Cubs!). And for anyone with children, the home is in the district of Nettlehorst Elementary—a top-rated CPS elementary school in Chicago.
1043 W School Street UNIT 306, Chicago IL, 60657
- Located in the heart of Chicago's vibrant Lakeview neighborhood
- Modern 3 bedroom, 2 bath duplex penthouse
- Property website
Things We Love About This Property Crush:
- Located in Lakeview, the condo is central to neighborhood amenities, shopping, dining, transportation, and the highly-ranked CPS school, Nettelhorst Elementary.
- Spacious, sunny corner duplex penthouse with soaring ceilings.
- Hardwood floors, wood-burning fireplace, and exposed brick.
- Three spacious, sunny bedrooms.
- Private deck in addition to common area roof deck with grills.
- Beautifully updated kitchen and two newly remodeled baths with Whirlpool tub.
- Master bedroom has private bath and large, walk-in closet.
- In-unit washer and dryer.
- Private garage space.
Are you on the house hunt, or just the type of person who loves browsing real estate listings, even when you're not in the market for a new home? Property Crush is a column where we feature actual real estate listings that get the Apartment Therapy seal of approval in regards to style (we haven't done home inspections or anything, so don't sue us). If you see a listing you think we'd like, email our tip line firstname.lastname@example.org.